Monday, 25 August 2014
We met Alberto de Cárdenas, CEO of Peru Champs in april 2014 in Lima and we turned fan imimmediately!
Their vision is to connect high-potential kids from low-income families with people around the world who are willing to fund their education. These kids will receive a scholarship to study at Innova Schools - a local chain of schools designed by the award-winning innovation firm IDEO - that provides affordable world-class education to the Peruvian emerging middle class.
Thanks to the birthday's parties of Fanny and Lionel we raised funds and could sponsor 3 kids for one year. Here are "our" kids:
- Roberto Montoya Riviera, 13 years old. He said: "I want to illuminate cities with an alternative form of energy"
- Junior Ochandarte Lazo, 12 years old. He said: "I would like to redesign transportation system"
- Sergio Mariano Zegarra Castillo, 14 years old. He said: "I want to find a cure for cancer"
Check out the website of Peruchamps
Friday, 04 July 2014
You remember Taller de los Niños? We met them in september 2013 in San Juan de Lurigancho, Lima, Peru where they do a great job helping access to education to the poorest disctict of Lima. We kept contact with them and were happy to be able to support them in the renovation of their stove kitchen wich dated back 1977!
In this kitchen cooks prepare 345 meals for kids and their educators. Some of the meals travel to the houses of day mothers, taking care of small group of kids.
Thursday, 12 June 2014
Meet Nguyen family living in a challenging disctrict outside Ho Chi Minh. They have 3 kids:
- Nguyen Bao, 17 years old, in 11th grade, he will enter 12th grade in September 2014.
- Nguyen Loc, 11 years old, in 8 th grade, he will enter 9th grade in September 2014.
- Nguyen Phuc, 9 years old, in 5th grade, she will enter 6th grade in September 2014.
In spite of both parents working the family revenue is poor. The father drives a moto taxi and earns about 2.30 US$/day. He became handicaped after suffering an accident in the construction work he used to do before. The mother does cleaning and get little money for letting someone using her house to do some sawing.
Irène Bostsarron -our representative in Vietnam- met them through Jean-Marc Mignot, a very engaged man who has been doing charity for 42 years!
Association Léon sponsored the 3 kids' educational fees for the coming school year (2014-2015).
Thursday, 15 May 2014
We are glad to introduce you to Irène Bostsarron. She is a french friend of Nicolas & Fanny living in Vietnam since the begining of 2014. She kindly accepted to be our representative in this wonderful country and quickly made contact with key persons.
We are already working on 2 possible projects in Vietnam.
Monday, 12 May 2014
2014 will be our "RIDE RUN AND PARTY" year! We launched a new concept so that people can commit to Association Léon in a new way : offering VISIBILITY!
Anyone competing in a sportive event can order his sport shirt and we will provide it with Association Léon’s lively colors. Same if you organize a party for an important anniversary or birthday, you can choose to give a special meaning to it and do it as a charity for Association Léon.
Your Ride, Run or Party will be shown in Association Léon's facebook wall, allowing you to show all your friends you care for education!
A lot of people already signed up and placed the order of their shirt. Up to date (15th of May 2014) we have :
- Bike race. Desafio Rio Pinto, Cordoba, Argentina. 4th of May 2014 participating Ezequiel Fernandez Sasso, Andres Arechavaleta, Matias Aldao and Nicolas Brabeck-Letmathe.
- Trail. Monthey d'Illiez, Switzerland. 24th of May 2014 participating Tobias Sievert.
- Marathon of Stockholm, Sweden. 31st of May 2014 participating Ignacio Arsuaga and Ivan Gouin.
- Tennis Interclub, representing TC Bussigny, May and June 2014. Participating Daniel Lopez-Palao, Stefano Rusponi, Claudio Wanderley, Dinand Ressink, Guy Béguin, Carlo Fazzi, Minh Pham Quan, Yvan Blanchard.
- Strongman. Fisherman's Friend Strongman Run. Engelberg, Switzerland. 7th of June. Participating Paud Edgington.
- Relay race. Tour du Val de Bagnes, Valais, Switzerland. 8th of June 2014 participating Lionel Constantin, Patrick Micheli and Phidias Ferrari
- Triathlon. Preverenges Triathlon, Switzerland. 29th of June 2014. Participating Paul Edgington.
- Trail. Marathon du Mont Blanc, France. 29th of June 2014 participating Nicolas Binet, Cyrille Brichant and Augustin Lagrange.
- Tour du Lac de Joux, Switzerland. 5th of July 2014. Participating Paul Edgington, George Stewart-Harris, Vincent Renaud, Maia & Léo.
- Swansea Half Marathon, Wales, England. 20th of July 2014. Participating Paul Edgington (again!)
- Nyon Triathlon, Switzerland. 9th of August 2014 by famous Paul Edgington.
- Lausanne Triathlon, Switzerland. 24th of August 2014 with our triathlon specialist Paul Edgington.
- Triathlon. Trivera, Vevey Switzerland. 31st of August. Who else but Paul Edgington?
- Racing the Planet. Ultramarathon (250 km) in Madagascar. Self-supported race; competitors must carry everything they need for the seven days on their back. The average backpack will weigh 9 kg. From 31st of August to 6th of September 2014 by Harald Petersen.
- Morat-Fribourg run, Switzerland. 5th of october 2014 participating Vincent Renaud and Patrick Steffen. In the Mini-Morat-Fribourg participating Pierre & Louis Burdet.
- Marathon of Lausanne, Switzerland. 26th of October 2014 participating Vincent Renaud (again), Patrick Steffen (again) and Paul Edgington (again). Mareva and Camille Freites will join the marathon for kids.
- New York's marathon, USA. 2nd of November 2014. Participating Nicolas Binet.
- Ultraman. Hawai. 28-30th of November 2014. 10 km open ocean swim, 421 km cross-country bike ride, and a 84 km ultra-marathon run. Participating Harald Petersen.
Thank you to all of them for the great gift they do to Association Léon.
On top of that, we will be represented on a concert by Karbone14, featuring Sandy Voutaz, Patricia Sortino, Alexandre Ferrajoli, Daniel Saxer and Daniel Chanson, May 24th as well as in October 2014! Let's rock'n'roll for Association Léon!
See evolution of our teams on www.facebook.com/associationleon